How do I upgrade from LifeJournal 2 to LifeJournal 3?
Follow these instructions if you have LJ2 installed on
the computer where you are going to install LJ3. 1.
Purchase a key for LifeJournal 3 from https://online.lifejournal.com/window/ordering.
2. Close LifeJournal 2 if it is opened.
3. Download and save the installation file (which is also the trial installation file) from www.lifejournal.com/download. Double click the downloaded file and the installation will begin.
4. Copy and paste the key when prompted by the program.
5. All of your LifeJournal 2 journal data should be accessible.
NOTE: It's always good practice to backup your data before installing a new version. However, also note that LifeJournal 3 will install into a DIFFERENT directory than LifeJournal 2. So, you'll have LifeJournal 2 available after you install LifeJournal 3.
If you had purchased LJ2, but don't have any journal entries to convert to LifeJournal 3, follow these instructions:
- Purchase a key for LifeJournal 3 from https://online.lifejournal.com/window/ordering
- Download and save the installation file (which is also the
trial installation file but becomes the full version when you enter
the key) from www.lifejournal.com/download.
Double click the downloaded file and the installation will
- Copy and paste the key when prompted by the program.
If you have purchased and used LJ2 but your journal entries are not on a computer and you want to convert them to LJ3 entries, you'll need at least two files: [YourName].ljd and [YourName].lja. They are usually found in C:\My Docs\LifeJournal[YourName].
If you have access to the complete [YourName] folder, usually found in C:\My Docs\LifeJournal\ [YourName], copy the folder and using Windows Explorer create a new folder on your computer C:\My Docs\LifeJournal\ [YourName] folder. Paste the content into the folder on your new computer. Then when you open the program and log in, the writer will already be pre-populated and your writer will appear in the log in. Use your previous password.
If you only have the two files [YourName].ljd and [YourName].lja (perhaps on a USB flash drive or external hard drive), when given the choices "New Writer," "Open Existing," or "Restore Writer," select "Restore Writer" and browse to [YourName].ljd. (Make sure that the two files-- [YourName].ljd and [YourName].lja-- are in the same directory on your USB flash drive.) Use your same password as before.